Algeria, the child's view
54' / 1999
The film portrays war and terrorism in Algeria through the eyes of children. It moves between the painfull memories of the director, still a child in the 1960' during the Algerian War and that of the children of today who still live as a true fatality, the repetition of the slaughters and the horror in their country. Between past and present, the film questions the possibility of reconstruction in today's Algeria. Through the words of these algerian children, the film aims to fight preventively against the amnesia that always follows these dramas. It is a film for tomorrow, a film that might help future adults to understand what they have lived and avoid making the same mistakes again.
- Director : Kamal Dehane
- Image : Semcheddine Touzaine - Pierre Gordower - Othomane Abbane
- Sound : Pierre Mertens - Farid Korteby
- Editing : Marie-Hélène Mora
- Sound mixing : Jacques Clisse
- Music : Pierre Michaud - Djalil El Afia
- Original language : French
Production and Partners
- Production : Simple Production - RTBF - Films d'ici - France 2
- Partners : la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles, du Centre National de la Cinématographie (France), de la Commission Européenne, pour une meilleur compréhension du monde en développement et des programmes Media-développement et distribution de la Commission Européenne.