Les Travailleu(r)ses du Sexe
82' / 2009
Considered the oldest job in the world, prostitution has always remained an “obscure object of hate and desire”. Since, what is known as Sarkozy law was passed in 2003, both women and men have claimed the right to freely sell their bodies. At the same time, the Market economy is using pseudo sexual liberation to justify the legalisation of this intimate market place.
Words and disturbing habits, stigmatised by moralising judgements, make us think about men and women relationship, sexuality and its control over power.
- Scriptwriter and Director : Jean-Michel Carré
- Image : Jean-Michel Carré
- Sound :Basile Carré-Agostini
- Editor : Nathalie Delvoye
- Sound mixing : Henry Michiels
Production and Partners
- Production : Les Films Grain De Sable - Simple production - RTBF
- Partners : Avec la participation de France 2, du CNC et du Centre du Cinéma et de l’Audiovisuel de la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles
- Original version : French