Stories from Fukushima
8x8' / 2012
Alain de Halleux
8 episodes x 8'
- THE MAN WHO PROTECTS THE TREES
- A STRANGE MICROBE
- MADE IN FUKUSHIMA
- THE OCTOPUS
- FUKUSHIMA, THE ISLAND OF HAPPINESS
- THE BIG QUESTION
- THE CHALLENGE
- THE LAST CHANCE
Today at Fukushima, the Japanese people are currently facing with an invisible enemy: radioactivity which is endangering the future of this region and of this country. The population is standing up and is expressing its despair and its anger. While meeting the families, Alain de Halleux gives the word at those ordinary Japaneses confronted with an astonishing situation : meetings revealing fears, hopes, major upheavals experienced by those parents and children.
Keeping away from Fukushima, verily leaving Japan, measuring radioactivity from its environment and its food, trying to obtain reliable information from which taking a decision commits the whole family... many questions and challenges to which Royko, David, Eko, Kento, and many others are confronted.
- Director : Alain de Halleux
- Assistant director : Shintaro Yanagi
- Editing : Linda Ibbari - Ismaël Joffroy Chandoutis
- Sound mixing : Guillaume Valeix
- Translators : Anya Tanaka - Philippe Szyster - Naoko Szyster - Tomoko Arai
Production and Partners
- Production : Simple Production, Crescendo films, L'indien productions, Arte France & la RTBF.
- Partners :WIP - Wallonie Image Production, du Centre National du Cinéma et de l'Image animée, de la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles
- Original version with French subtitles
- Original version with English subtitles